September 7, 2009
FLUSHING MEADOWS, New York—Last week, Serena Williams made headlines for more than just her match wins. She showed up to one of her post-match press conferences wearing a t-shirt with the message, “You can’t spell dynasty without nasty.”
On the Baseline has come up with a top 10 list of possible messages that you might see on a Serena Williams t-shirt sometime soon.
10. I don’t just look good, I am good.
9. Diamonds are a diva’s best friend.
8. It’s not whether you win or lose, it’s whether you win a Grand Slam.
7. Instead of reading my t-shirt, read my book.
6. Daddy’s girl
5. Luck has nothing to do with it.
4. You’ve got to have the bling.
3. Tennis player, fashion designer, actress, global icon.
2. Even millionaires need a backup plan.
1. Serena is the real No. 1.