Well, another tennis season has come and gone, and it's time to look ahead and create my wish list for 2010. Looking back, some of my 2009 tennis wishes did, in fact, come true: Roger Federer ditched the girlie cardigan, Maria Sharapova became healthy, and Rafa switched to the shorter shorts, instead of sporting the "just below the knee" look. My Top 10 wish list for 2010 is a little bit more ambitious. We'll see if I can score better than 3 out of 10 wishes this year.
1) Flavia Pennetta scores a pasta sponsor.
2) Melanie Oudin puts more belief in her serve.
3) WADA and the ITF change a few of their whereabouts rules...if you know what I mean.
4) ESPN and CBS get their acts together and air live tennis matches that are crucial to the sport.
5) Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin shake up the top 10.
6) Juan Martin del Potro wins another Grand Slam. The guy was "en fuego" in '09.
7) Justine Henin wins Wimbledon (not just because she wants to, but because I can't take another year of a Williams sister winning).
8) Tournament directors make hot chocolate a staple at all tennis tournaments. Not everyone drinks coffee, you know. (A carry over from my 2009 wish list.)
9) Taylor Dent recaptures his tennis glory.
10) Rafa hires a fashion consultant.